Re: [squid-users] Squid compilation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:31:20 +0200

There is more people than me on this list, but...

If -g is a performance penalty or not depends on the compiler. If you
are using gcc then it is not, and I think the same is true for most
modern compilers.

Some old compilers disables some optimizations when -g is used in a
misguided attempt to aid debugging. However, doing so is
counter-effective as the debugger then won't see the same code as a
"production" build, and in many cases some bugs cannot be debugged that
way.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker