Re: [squid-users] running multiple instances on NT ??

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 19:01:43 +0200

Hi,

Il 01.41 02/05/2001 Damon Sisola ha scritto:
>OK, so I know it runs better on Linux, and I've been using it as a host
>accelerator this way for years - flawlesly. But now I have a client who
>insists on running squid on Win2K, and wants to use it in the same way that
>I have in the past on Linux. The desire is to run multiple instances, each
>as a host accelerator for different Web servers, and of course listening on
>different ports. I have tried the compiled binaries from Serassio and
>Angelache (thanks for your good work) but they write the config file path to
>the registry and cannot support multiple instances with different configs.
>
>If only I could run it from the shell with a config file specified, then I
>could define my own services with seperate configs. Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Damon

The NT native port is single instance oriented, because is a NT service.
The only method to have multiple instance on NT without change deeply Squid
code is to have a different NT service for any Squid instance, so I'm
working on 2.5 CygWin Squid branch to get this.
I hope to see this code work in this week-end, so if You want, I can send
You any news about.

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
            serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://serassio.interfree.it