[squid-users] running multiple instances on NT ??

From: Damon Sisola <dsisola@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:41:26 -0700

OK, so I know it runs better on Linux, and I've been using it as a host
accelerator this way for years - flawlesly. But now I have a client who
insists on running squid on Win2K, and wants to use it in the same way that
I have in the past on Linux. The desire is to run multiple instances, each
as a host accelerator for different Web servers, and of course listening on
different ports. I have tried the compiled binaries from Serassio and
Angelache (thanks for your good work) but they write the config file path to
the registry and cannot support multiple instances with different configs.

If only I could run it from the shell with a config file specified, then I
could define my own services with seperate configs. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Damon