Re: [squid-users] accelerator with username/password authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 00:27:55 +0200

at the top of acl.c, add the following line:

#define AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION 1

Then "make install".

This feature is somewhat hidden because
 a) It hasn't been fully thought over yet. There are issues in caching
when combined with authentication, and more so when there is also
authentication to the backend servers..
 b) It easilly collides with transparent proxying, and many people
simply refuses to read warnings that a feature cannot be used in a
transparent proxy and try so anyhow.

The whole concept of "acceleration" in Squid is currently being reworked
to fix this and a number of other issues.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker