Re: [squid-users] SSL?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 23:49:56 +0200

There is no way to do that in HTTP to start with. Neither Squid or the
browsers would know how to do it.

The SSL support in Squid is purely for "accelerators" where Squid acts
as the origin server. It cannot be used for general purpose web
proxying.

Maybe you want to look into digest authentication or other more secure
login mechanisms, but as of yet very few browsers (if any) support it.

Or you have to build some login mechanism outside of the proxy login
mechanism defined in HTTP. For example by having a SSL server where the
user can log in to authenticate his/hers IP to use the proxy or other
similar methods.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker