Re: [squid-users] Abort Trap

From: Balu <balu_2003@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 18:24:42 +0530

Hi,
    It seems the error is bcos of the DNS.
Check wether your DNS works properly?
If u are using internal DNS check in your cache.log weather it is taking the nameservers from resolv.conf.?
if u are using External DNS check weather dnsserver process runs.
Hope people on the list may take to the exact place.

Regards,
-Balu

  Hi,

  I'm only reasonably new to running Squid on FreeBSD, but i have had experiences with Squid on different distro's of Linux.

  The problem I'm experiencing is as soon as I try to request a web page through squid (eg www.yahoo.com) squid drops out, with 'Abort Trap'. But if i was to access a URL, using its IP address, rather than its DNS name, it will work fine.

  Any Suggestions what may be wrong here? I've tried Squid-2.4Stable1, and I'm currently using Squid 2.5 Devel on FreeBSD 4.3.

  Thanks in advance