Re: [squid-users] a bit of information squid users should now

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 11:12:35 -0500

I'm not really able to get what Mr. Greg is saying either, Balu!

Actually, I think he is saying that his Squid is now using fewer
resources since he switched it from port 8081 to 8080. I suspect two
possible reasons:

1. Clients have not yet all updated their browsers proxy config, and so
are not using the Squid. Perhaps they are waiting for the tech support
people to 'fix the internet' at his site. ;-)

2. Proxy pirates (folks who use other peoples proxies to get around
local access controls and to anonymize their surfing) who had discovered
his proxy via port scans while it was running on 8081 have not yet
discovered where it moved to. If they monitor this list, they now know.
  ;-) If this is the case--close your proxy to outsiders, Greg.

But perhaps I am wrong on both counts.

Balu wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I am not able to get what Mr.Greg is saying.Could u update me on
> the memory usage by squid.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -balu

                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>