Re: [squid-users] a bit of information squid users should now

From: Greg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:08:13 +1000

i listen on port 80 (everyone configures their browsers to connect to squid
on port 80, then i run ipchains to redirect to 8080, thats all i changed
there was the port ipchains redirected all the port 80 traffic to, so no one
had to redo their proxy server settings (otherwise i wouldn't have done it)

i have tested the proxy against someone else being able to use it, and it
has being blocked, only people who have a ip address from our system can use
it.

i reckon the ip forwarding feature of linux uses port 8081 so when i used
port 8081 there was some sort of confliction. anyway i got told to use 8080
because everyone else does.