Re: [squid-users] newbie question - URGENT

From: System Administrator <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 21:42:33 +1000

Hi again,

> Many thanks to all those who responded.
>
> > > http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> > > http_access allow all
> >
> > By this you have given the world access to use your proxy with no
> > restrictions.

I almost forgot, two other related issues...

As per my first email I mentioned that my cache was steadily emptying
out. It's still doing that. Where might I look to stop this?

Secondly, now that most proxy requests are getting DENIED, my traffic is
lower (which is great), but I would really like to completely block
these non-local sites completely from getting to my site only. As I said
before, only local users, dialups, and remote users heading for my site
or hosted sites should be allowed....

Is that a router ACL rather than SQUID config? Of perhaps Kernel
firewalling?

Thanks

Phill

--