[squid-users] Re: SV: SQUID 2.5 and FakeAuth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 10:11:50 +0200

If you do not receive a coredump then the easiest way it to run Squid
from within a deugger.

1. Stop squid

2. gdb /path/to/squid

gdb> handle SIGPIPE pass noprint nostop
gdb> handle SIGUSR1 pass noprint nostop
gdb> handle ISGUSR2 pass noprint nostop
gdb> r -DNYCd3
[do whatever that makes it crash]
gdb> backtrace

Then send all output from "r -DNYCd3" and down to
squd-dev@squid-cache.org (squid-dev because this is a development
version you are having problems with), together with the information
mentioned before.

 Operating system type and version
     uname -a
 Compiler type and version