[squid-users] Disk error

From: Schwartz, William H. <SchwaWH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:40:15 -0500

This morning I started getting the following errors on the console of our
proxy server:

 May 9 10:36:28 proxy ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /export/home: file system full
May 9 10:36:28 proxy squid[1029]: Write failure -- check your disk space
and cache.log

/export/home has a gig of free space on it so I'm wondering if there's
either some inode issue or my cache is configured incorrectly.

I've not changed any of the cache_dir or other cache settings in my
squid.conf file, they are all at default settings.

This is running on Solaris 8.

If it's not a setting is there some maintenance I have to manually run on
the cache directory? the system had been running smoothly for over 5 weeks
with no errors with about 3.5 to 4 gigs of traffic a week. (250-275
clients).

any help appreciated.

thanks,
Bill

Bill Schwartz
Systems Administrator
Minnesota Research and Development Center
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL