[squid-users] httpd_accel on port 80 causing access denied

From: Josh Kuperman <josh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:59:46 -0400

I downloaded a recent 2.5 to try for my ideal squid set up. I want to
run it as a proxy and http accelerator for a local web site maintained
on the same server as the squid proxy.

My understanding is that by binding apache to port 80 on the local
host, every connection to the web server is really a connection to the
squid.

Then following the FAQ I made the following changes (and a few others)

httpd.conf
 Port 80
 BindAddress 127.0.0.1

squid.conf
 httpd_accel_host 127.0.0.1
 httpd_accel_port 80
 httpd_accel_with_proxy_on

After restarting apache and squid, I attempted to connect to the local
web site with lynx and I would get an Access Denied message saying I'm
not allowed access to 127.0.0.1 and I've no idea why? I thought as an
accelerator, even with httpd_accel_proxy_ on, it would serve out the
local web site to everyone, regardless of where they were accessing
the site from.

What did I miss? I thought I might just have an odd ACL somewhere but
I couldn't find one.

Is there a good way to verify that all the processes are running on
the right ports, etc. Is there some step.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us