Re: [squid-users] Squid Box Tunning

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:51:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Naeem wrote:

> I am running squid 24S1 on RH Linux 6.2 kernel 2.2.14-5 and it is quite
> stable, my cachemgr ' Info ' look like this under heavy loads, i am running
> transparent proxy through policy routing on Cisco , using ' diskd ' as store
> type.
> I need to know somethings from the following output:

> 2- My counters for select loop called is i think ' High ', i have read the
> Henrick's reply that it happens under bad transparent setups, how it can be
> improved?

Hello,

According to what I am told, asyncio is faster under linux than diskd. I
am still waiting on confirmation of this before I upgrade myself to 2.4.
Anyone want to confirm my statement? I am also told asyncio is better in
2.4 than 2.3.

I would be interested in knowing if under a RH6.2 box with glibc2.1.3, is
it still necessary to specify --enable-gnuregex and --enable-dlmalloc
during a build.

C.