Re: [squid-users] Squid Box Tunning

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:25:22 +0200

Chris Conn wrote:

> According to what I am told, asyncio is faster under linux than diskd. I
> am still waiting on confirmation of this before I upgrade myself to 2.4.
> Anyone want to confirm my statement? I am also told asyncio is better in
> 2.4 than 2.3.

"async-io" in 2.3 is quite broken in fundamental ways, due to a
architecture change in how Squid manages the on-disk store.

In 2.4 it should work reasonably well again, but some tuning remains to
make it really spin (if something like that can be said about the way
Squid manages the "ufs" family of stores, ufs/aufs/diskd).

> I would be interested in knowing if under a RH6.2 box with glibc2.1.3, is
> it still necessary to specify --enable-gnuregex and --enable-dlmalloc
> during a build.

Never been needed on Linux boxes as far as I know.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker