Re: [squid-users] Using two caches

From: Ramesh Dhillon <ramesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:13:19 +0930

Hi

At the moment I have the following setup to take advantage of our ISP's
proxy cache.

cache_peer adelaide.cache.telstra.net parent 3128 0 no-query
prefer_direct off

With this setup(above) in squid.conf, is our local cache disabled when we
use this new settings!!

According to Cache Manager it is disabled when the new setting became
active, because I am not seeing any changes in the IP Cache Statistics. Am
I correct in my observation??

My original questions still stands. How do I configure SQUID to access our
local cache first before the ISP proxy cache.

At 03:56 11/05/2001 +0000, iftikharm@sat.net.pk wrote:
>You wrote:Yes .Your local lan will access your server cache and your
>server will access ISP cache.
>
> > From: Ramesh Dhillon <ramesh@prophecy-open.com.au>
> > To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
> > Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:18:00 +0930