Re: [squid-users] use of acl req_mime_type

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:07:40 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mailing Manager" <mailing@lastminutetour.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 6:23 PM
Subject: [squid-users] use of acl req_mime_type

> Hi all,
> reading the description of acl req_mime_type i understand that it is
> possible to use only when a client request something, not for to
block the
> answer from the remote server.
> Regarding the qustion of porn site and so, i have a big list o doamin,
regex map et
> cetc, but the idiot grown day by day much faster my finger can print.
> Analizing the squid logs, i found a lot of search items on the most
popular, and
> not, search engine. I would like to do this:
> block all the request where the content have some word foundedn on the
right regex map,
> like adult,site,porn and so on.
> Is it possible?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Not with a released squid. The development snapshots have a
req_mime_type acl that can filter on the recieved content's mime type.
There is is experimental code around to do content processing, but it is
not production ready. (And you would have to write your own filter).

Rob