Re: [squid-users] Accelerator and DNS conflicts

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 23:20:53 +0200

The best method is to use /etc/hosts to tell B the real story. For this
to work in Squid-2.3 you will need to recompile Squid with
--disable-internal-dns. Squid-2.4 automatically reads /etc/hosts.

You will find that a lot of recommendations talks about using a
redirector for this purpose, but doing so is really a sub-optimal
approach to the problem.

Much more finegrained control will appear in some future Squid version.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker