[squid-users] Re: SQUID and ASP?

From: Nils Holland <nils@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 22:04:09 +0200

On Saturday 12 May 2001 21:45, Ashok Aiyar wrote:
> [This message has also been posted.]
> On Sat, 12 May 2001 20:12:13 +0200,

> > on http://www.wizards.com/international/uk/gencon01.asp:
> >
> > Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'
> >
> > Variable is undefined: 'csVisible'
> >
> > D:\WEB\ROOT\INTERNATIONAL\UK\../../include/global_methods.asp, line 104
>
> I am using Squid 2.4STABLE1. I don't get this error with or without using
> the proxy, when using Netscape 4.77 or IE5.0 as a browser under MacOS 9.1.

Well, you're now the second person I've heard from who doesn't get that
message. However, since I get it, I find it highly strange. Several points
I'd like to ask here:

1) Browsing the archives of this list, I have seen this problem before. Back
then, the solution posted was to turn "HTTP HEADER ANONYMIZATION" off.
However, I don't have it turned on, so this is not a fix for me. I don't
think I have made a mistake configuring squid, sworked with all other pages
correctly. However, my squid-config file can be found here:
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org/misc/squid.conf
When looking at it, note that it was built to run on a dynamic IP modem
dial-up-machine that provides Internet-access to some more machines, so I
didn't pay much attention to security in the squid.conf file ;-)

2) Does anybody have an idea what kind of influence SQUID could have over a
variable in a VBScript being undefined or not? I really don't understand how
squid can possible make the webserver return such an error message.

Any comments are welcome!

Nils