[squid-users] SQUID and ASP...

From: Nils Holland <nils@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 21:09:11 +0200

Hi folks,

anybody out there using the SQUID web-proxy? If so, please try accessing
http://www.wizards.com/international/uk/gencon01.asp from a browser that's
using the proxy. What do you see? I guess it's the following error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'csVisible'

D:\WEB\ROOT\INTERNATIONAL\UK\../../include/global_methods.asp, line 104

Now, try accessing the same URL without SQUID. You can also use wget. What
happens? You get the requested page, right?

The above is at least what happens here when I use my Squid/2.4.STABLE1.
I'm sure I have configured it correctly, at least it has worked well for
months (and previous versions have worked well for years). Only some
ASP-pages in the www.wizards.com domain show the above error mesage when
accessed from a browser running behind squid.

So what's up here? Although it's strange that the page can be accessed
without squid, I don't think something's wrong with squid! The error
message obviously originates from Microsoft's damned IIS/ASP/VBScript.
Screw them!

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion what I can do about this problem? Or
is anyone able to access the above URL using squid? Any suggestions are
welcome!

Greetings,
Nils