Re: [squid-users] SQUID and ASP...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 00:27:53 +0200

Nils Holland wrote:

> Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion what I can do about this problem? Or
> is anyone able to access the above URL using squid? Any suggestions are
> welcome!

Squid adds a couple of HTTP headers to the request, mainly:

   X-Forwarded-For
   Via

Sometimes scripts tries to use these headers without being tested
properly.. I.e. the script authors heard of the headers, added code to
their scripts for reading the headers, but never tested that the added
code actually works..

There has also been some minor issues with cookies, but these problems
are much rarer.

However, in the specific example posted it seems to be purely related to
the User-Agent model/version used. The script crashes on the same
requests without Squid in the path.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker