Re: [squid-users] automatic fallback with non-ICP parents

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 23:35:07 +0200

Squit selects parents in approximately the following priority:

cache digests
ICP
netdb
default
round-robin
first up
any

Selection stops when it have found one parent to forward the request to.
The exception is if you are using never_direct, then all parents are
automatically added as fallback parents after this one to make sure the
request can be forwarded even if the selected parent haves troubles...

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker