Re: [squid-users] Need Idea

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:47:33 +0200

Joerg Fritsch wrote:

> I personally think that squid might become stronger if it could offer
> any clustering loadsharing features for free withou using expensive
> Layer 4 switching technology.

For clustering Squids there are LVS and other not soo expensive L4
technologies..

Using Squid as a L7 director for clustering web sites is being worked
on, but will not be very interesting until the Squid core is speeded up
significantly. But it is still interestign for other purposes than load.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker