[squid-users] Upload problems via transparent proxy

From: <Rene.Mewissen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:01:32 +0200

Hello list!

OS: Red Hat 7.0 Kernel: 2.2.16-22
Squid: 2.3S4

We are using the system as a transparent proxy for logging purposes inside a firewall.
The customer accesses an extranet server in the DMZ from the intranet via the proxy.
Between the extranet system and the transparent proxy exists a Firewall1.

The extranet system hosts a document server with authoring system. One can upload files with various information.
But recently we discovered that the uploads aren't successful. In the access.log no entry exists until the upload ist aborted. Then you get an error 500 (internal server error).

I tried to access the extranet system directly and the upload is o.k. So I suppose the problem ist the proxy.

In the squid.conf the following entries exist:
        request_header_max_size 0
        request_body_max_size 0
That means the upload is NOT limited.

Has anyone experienced such problems?
Or can anyone tell me how Squid handles such uploads (HTTP-POST request).

I need help urgently as our customer uses the authoring system frequently.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
René Mewißen

René Mewißen                       Siemens Business Services GmbH & Co OHG
                                   ITS TNS 23 LAN 8
                                   Heinz-Nixdorf Ring 1
                                   33106 Paderborn
                                   Germany