[squid-users] Redirector problem

From: Ben 'Shplorb' Caudle <caud0011@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:32:39 +0900 (CST)

Recently upgraded net connection, and had to redo the old combination
proxy/web/firewall server. Rebuilt the box, now just proxy server.

Users have bandwidth allocations and a system was already written to process
the squid logs and deduct the usage from their balance. A redirector was used
to check if the balance was above zero, else it would point them to a page that
would tell them how to get more credits.

The new net connection requires us to connect through an upstream proxy, and I
believe that this is what is causing the problem we have:

Squid asks for authentication. Users can authenticate OK, and everything works
fine. If however, the redirector is enabled, the users are then asked to
authenticate with the upstream proxy, if you do that, you then have to
reauthenticate with our proxy, and so it goes. It appears that this happens for
every item in a page that is loaded.

I presume that this has something to do with the upstream proxy?

|If you can't drink when you're alive, |
|How are you going to drink when you're dead?|