Re: [squid-users] Question/problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 02:22:33 +0200

Chip Hearn wrote:

> is very sluggish pulling in sites. Even killing it and restarting it,
> doesn't effect it. I have to reboot the system to clear it. I have some
> ACL's setup, to allow my office PC's to get out, called it "work", and a
> another ACL called porn, which is denied. Anyway, its very slow after 3
> days. Anybody got an idea?

Sounds like some kind of problem outside Squid itself. Squid is "fully
rebooted" when you restart Squid.

> 2. There are certain sites that we can not goto. www.fidelity.com,
> www.americanexpress.com, etc.. If I change the settings on the local pc, to
> "not use" the proxy, it finds the page without any problem. With the proxy
> running, I can go to sites like www.digilink.net, etc, but Squid can't seem
> to pull in these other sites. Any suggestions?

Try

echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
(or something similar.. intention is to disable ECN if enabled in the
Linux-2.4 kernel. Some broken sites/firewalls have problems with ECN)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker