[squid-users] Question/problem

From: Chip Hearn <chearn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:00:57 -0400

I have read through some lengthy documentation, and decided after not being
able to find what I was looking for, to post the problems here.

1. Squid is slowing down. I've checked the settings and everything is set
to defaults. This is a PII/233 with 192megs of ram Linux Slackware 7.1 with
kernel 2.3.4, system on a T-1, running Squid 2.4 Stable1, for a small
office. I specifically used webmin to configure squid. If I reboot the
system, things seem fine for a couple of days... 3 days... after that, squid
is very sluggish pulling in sites. Even killing it and restarting it,
doesn't effect it. I have to reboot the system to clear it. I have some
ACL's setup, to allow my office PC's to get out, called it "work", and a
another ACL called porn, which is denied. Anyway, its very slow after 3
days. Anybody got an idea?

2. There are certain sites that we can not goto. www.fidelity.com,
www.americanexpress.com, etc.. If I change the settings on the local pc, to
"not use" the proxy, it finds the page without any problem. With the proxy
running, I can go to sites like www.digilink.net, etc, but Squid can't seem
to pull in these other sites. Any suggestions?

Chip Hearn
Owner
Foundation Digital Solutions
2310 N. Patterson St.