Re[2]: [squid-users] SQUID2.5.D/lx2.4.4 - Peer failover - how to config squid to fail over to direct queries if upstream is offline? (NON-ICP PEER)

From: Ben Ryan <ben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:46:01 +1000

Thanks for your help Robert, and the quick reply.

==
A few further questions for the list, anyone
who can reel off some info on the below queries:-

Are these all the timeouts relevant to a non-ICP upstream peer?
#squid.conf
connect_timeout (for direct http gets?)
peer_connect_timeout (when this times out, does squid go direct?)
read_timeout

From the docos it's not clear which parameters apply to which
situation; is connect_timeout a tcp timeout relevant to
 squid->webserver connections or user->squid connections?
Should I check this with the dev's or duane via the faq?

One piece of important info I couldn't discern;
How would one set the post-parent-failure retry interval?
==
thx

ben