Re: [squid-users] minimazing cache_dir

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:54:47 -0500

Yes, it is safe to do so, and no, there is no point to it at all. The
idle directories do not effect performance. On some filesystems, there
may be a point at which performance does suffer by having too many
directories, but 16 is nowhere near that point on any OS in use today.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances