RE: [squid-users] Caching in accelerator mode

From: Jez Ahl <Jez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:49:59 +0100

Hi all,

To summarize.

My redirector script was set to redirect all requests (regardless of URL) to
http://myserver.domain.com.

When I turned on cache debugging, I found that requests to
http://sitea.domain.com or http://siteb.domain.com, were being cached as
http://myserver.domain.com (i.e. the accelerated host). Thus the cache was
not differentiating between the two requested URLs.
The solution was to create DNS aliases for http://myserver.domain.com, and
redirect to those. e.g.

http://sitea.domain.com redirect to http://myservera.domain.com
http://siteb.domain.com redirect to http://myserverb.domain.com
etc, etc

This causes the separate URL trees to be cached separately.

Thanks

Jez