[squid-users] POST problems.

From: Robert Rickenbrode II <rkr_ii@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:02:51 -0400

Hey folks, I've had this problem for some time know, but haven't been able
to solve it, except by having my squid clients bypass the proxy for the
sites in question using an autoproxy.pac file.

Basically, what I'm seeing is that at some sites squid does not return the
results of a POST from a client. This happens at Hotmail, Quill.com
(catalog), Demco (catalog), Staples (catalog), Springmail (webmail), Juno
(webmail), and a bunch of other sites. Not that it doesn't happen for all
posts - we can search Yahoo just fine, and Yahoo mail works flawlessly!

On IE 5.0 or 5.5 under Win98/Me, the browser just hangs. On Navigator 4 on
the same platforms, it renders a portion of the return document, than
stops. (For example, in Hotmail after trying to delete a bunch of messages
from an Inbox, the browser returns about the first 30 lines of the page,
which includes a stylesheet and some javascript, then halts.)

In all cases I do not get an error message. I'm running Squid 2.2STABLE5
with hno patches on a Mandrake Linux system, kernel 2.2.13.

Any thoughts at all?

Thanks, Rob

Robert K. Rickenbrode II
rkr_ii@yahoo.com