Re: [squid-users] 2 authentification scheme : NTLM for NT network and ? for Macintosh

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:05:47 +0200

dam012345@diligo.fr wrote:

> so i would like to know :
> 1/ if it is possible to have two (or more) authentication
> scheme working at a time for squid 2.5

Yes, just enable the ones you want.

> 2/ if there is a way to authenticate Macintosh users on
> squid by their username or something more secure than by
> their ip or machine name
> and if there a way to do it automaticaly (without
> authentication pop-up)

Basic authentication using username+password works fine on all
platforms..

for automatic proxy logons I do not know.. maybe if using Internet
Explorer, and the MACs somehow log on to your Microsoft network...

> 3/ if there is a way to authenticate Macintosh users on
> an NT domain when MacOS starts (as windows does)

Probably, but is not a Squid question.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker