[squid-users] Telnetting to a squid proxy

From: Phil Barbier <p.barbier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:58:44 +0100

Hi there,

I run a squid caching server, and was wondering how to
actually control the proxy through telnet - ie, how to
get a webpage by telnetting to the proxy:port (in a similar
fashion to how you'd GET a webpage by telnetting on Port 80
for HTTP)

This is because we are hoping to pipe something through the
proxy for our employees to use, as firewall and proxy
restrictions we've set mean we want to pipe it through HTTP.

Thanks for any help,

Phil.

--
Phil Barbier