Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy - Ethernet in promiscuous mode?

From: Anjali Kulkarni <anjali@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:05:06 +0100

Hi Henrik,
Thanks a lot for your reply. But suppose there is a simple set up where
there are only 3 m/cs on the n/w, without any connection to the internet.
The m/c with squid proxy is in center(B), and it is connected by a hub, one
on each side, to the other 2 m/cs(A &B).
So, A--(hub)--B--(hub)--C
 If a packet at A, is addressed to C(IP address), then it will be seen by B,
but will terminate there only when (I guess) , either:-
I set up a router at A, routing all packets to (via) B, or
I set A's IP forwarding rules to forward all its packets to B??
Is that right or is there any other way? I think the first way would take a
lot of time and expertise, right?:)
Thanks,
Anjali