[squid-users] iptables to allow squid...

From: Hamish Kibblewhite <kibblew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:27:05 +1200

Hi,
        I have been experimenting on my home lan to get iptables working
with squid - so far unsuccessfully.

What I want to do is get an iptables setup that works over a ppp
connection. But don't seem to be having much luck...

In addition is it possible to have squid running on my gateway box and
force access through an ISP's kids proxy server as the parent?

That is - I want to lock down internet access so that the proxying goes
through the ISP and want to have the benefit of a proxy on my home gateway.
(One day soon I will get ADSL....)

Reason being to restrict what the kiddies can see. And to alleviate myself
of the admin overhead of putting in something like squid-guard and keeping
the blacklist up to date. I want to sponge off the ISP doing that sort of
admin work for me.

Any tips / pointers to doco / pre-existing scripts would be appreciated.

regards,
Hamish Kibblewhite