[squid-users] Using idns fails to cache negative hits

From: Chris Panayis <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:43:04 +0100

Hi

When using idns instead of dnsserver squid does not cache dns misses. This
is for squid 2.4 stable1 as an accelerator using the log_fqdn option.

This is a shame as the dns misses are the ones that take a looong time when
attempting to resolve and thus very quickly causes squid to crash when it
reaches past 32 request slots (I think this is what causes it to crash
anyway).

If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks

Chris