RE: [squid-users] authenticate_program

From: Matt Johnson <mjohnson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 20:41:19 -0500

My directory contains specific IPs, and specific URLs that a user has access
to, and I am wanting to authenticate a user based on that information. So,
getting the IP, and URL passed to my authentication program is a must. I
just have to figure out how to make Squid do this. :-)

As I get into it more, its kinda sounding like the best method would be to
make a way for SOME parts of access control to be handled by an external
program, rather than modifying the way that proxy authentication is handled.

The End Goal:
Give external program all the information it needs to decide if the page
should be rejected or delivered to the requestor. That could include
username, password, IP, URL, or ? if there was any other information
available about the request. A rejection or denial of the access would work
for starters, but it would also be nice to be able to give conditions for
why the request was rejected, and a set of different actions to take for
them.

Matt