[squid-users] authenticate_program

From: Matt Johnson <mjohnson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 14:09:35 -0500

I am wanting to use an external program to authenticate users accessing my
squid proxy server.

One thing that I need to do is to have the IP address of the user to be
passed to my external authentication program.

I'm wanting to know if there is a way I can do this in the squid.conf file,
or if it requires customizing the squid source code. If I need to customize
the source code, anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

It would be rather nice if you could do something like:
authenticate_program /home/mjohnson/code/auth.pl %IPADDRESS%

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Matt Johnson