[squid-users] squid 2.4s1 acl and domain question

From: David Meleedy <david.meleedy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 02:56:11 -0400

I have a sticky problem that I haven't been able to figure out.
I want to define an INSIDE domain that uses direct connections.
However there is one exception to this.

more specifically here is my attempt:

acl INSIDE dstdom_regex \*.analog.com
acl CORP dstdomain proxy.corpnt.analog.com

always_direct allow INSIDE !CORP
never_direct deny INSIDE !CORP
never_direct allow all

For the one address proxy.corpnt.analog.com, I want to never_direct it.
But for everything else analog.com I want to direct it. My scheme
above didn't work.

I also tried this:

always_direct deny CORP
always_direct allow INSIDE !CORP
never_direct allow CORP
never_direct deny INSIDE !CORP
never_direct allow all

That didn't work either.

Any ideas on how I can do this? By the way, I am not using IP addresses
because our setup is inside a firewall, so I don't get DNS name
resolution for addresses outside our local names.

Thanks for any help,

-Dave

David Meleedy Analog Devices, Inc.
David.Meleedy@analog.com Three Technology Way
Phone: 781 461 3494 Norwood, MA 02062-9106 USA