Re: [squid-users] Deleting an item in cache

From: Damien McIntosh <CIOC3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:38:06 +1000

Edward,

To delete a URL from your cache do the following:

client -m PURGE http://www.some.server.com/

If it is in the cache you should receive a 200 code back. If not in the cache then a 404 is returned.

Note that the URL has to be exact.

I don't think that you can delete a whole domain though in one hit!
The list can correct me on that one....

Also take a look at the squid.conf file as there should be an acl that restricts the PURGE to localhost only. That way only you can remove objects from your cache! :-)

HTH

Thanks
Damien

>>> "Edward" <edward@cariaccess.com> 06/01/01 10:01am >>>
Hi Henrik!

Can I delete a web page in cache?

How can I do that?

I have search the FAQ and no help there.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Edward Millington
(Network Administrator & Senior Technical Support Technician)
Cariaccess Communications Ltd.
Wildey
St. Michael
Barbados
1-246-430-7435
Fax : 1-246-431-0170
www.cariaccess.com

The following message has been received from the Internet.
Please use with caution the message content and attachments

This mail has passed through an insecure network.
All enquires should be directed to the message author.