Re: [squid-users] squidctl script update

From: Andrei B. <andrixnet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> What makes you think the pid was stale? It could have been in use by
> another process, just not squid. Doing tests like this aren't
> sufficient
> to ensure the process is dead. You really have to do something like:

Thank you Colin for pointing that out.

I corrected squidctl and here it is again. Appologies for the 9K
attachement if you feel it's too big.

I have tested it with a stale PID file containing both a nonexisting
PID and a PID of an existing process (but not squid) and it works as it
is supposed to.

 There is a similar problem with the apachectl script supplied with
apache (at least version 1.3.9 distributed with Slackware 7.0) from
which this script was inspired.
 I have send a fix to the Apache Team.

Andrei.

=====