Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration...

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:25:35 +0200

At 10:04 AM 6/5/01 +0300, Rakesh Kumar wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have recently configurred a Squid proxy with two NICs behind two sets
>of firewall and working Ok with default configuration.
>
> I have a mail server on other side of the proxy and I want all users
>to use Squid proxy to collect their mails. Presently all users collect
>their mails through Wingate proxy. Please suggest how can we do this.

Squid is *not* a generic proxy but a http proxy. So it can not...

1) Install TCP gateway (like in the TIS FW toolkit)
2) Use web-mail (I am not a fan)
3) Just make sure your users can connect to the FW directly (Squid is *not*
a fire wall)

>Thanks
>
>Rakesh Jha

>Disclaimer:
>Any non official business related views, opinions or other information
>presented in this electronic mail are solely those of the sender/author.
>Burgan Bank does not endorse or accept responsibility for these opinions,
>views or conclusion.
> If you are not the addressee indicated in this electronic mail or
>responsible for delivering this electronic message to the intended
>recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender
>immediately.
>
>Burgan Bank

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency, CSD/A

** All statements in this mail are made from my own **
** personal perspective and do not necessarily reflect **
** my employer's opinions or policies. **