Re: [squid-users] Plans for 2.5?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 00:32:25 +0200

[what is said in this message is my personal estimations only. reality
may differ by many months]

Imho Squid-2.5 is close to a feature freeze as it is. There is a large
set of features added relative to Squid-2.4, and we need to make sure it
is properly tested before going STABLE..

Attempt in guessing what the timeplan may look like:

* Squid-2.5 feature freeze: within a month
* Squid-2.5 STABLE1: sometime august-november depending on amount of
quality testing received and bugs found
* Squid-2.6 feature freeze: september-november

By Squid-2.6 I think Squid-2 will be featurerich enough to allow the
development to mostly concentrate on Squid-3 and the quite large
architectural changes required to take a leap forward in performance.

Sidenote: Apart from testing much of the material for Squid-2.6 is
finished already..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker