[squid-users] Re: MSNT - Questions

From: <dam012345@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:19:06 +0200

in command line
you get an ERR message even if username and pass (no
matter of upper-case) are ok because msnt can't reach
the nt domain controller
no need of sp6a on the DC

the msnt.conf must contain the name of the ntdomain
controller not its ip

for each domain controller you have you should have an
entry like this one in msnt.conf :
"server nt_domain_controller_name
nt_domain_controller_name(or backup if have) domain_name"

the ip of the domain controller must be in /etc/hosts
ie : "1.2.3.4 nt_domain_controller_name"

hope this solve your problem

------------Original_Message-----------

>Hi
>
>>Not sure, never really used that (I use
multi_domain_ntlm).
>>How are you passing the credentials to authenticate?
>>The format is
>
>>user <space> password <lf>
>
>Yes I do it like this.
>
>I've downloaded the laster Version of MSNT Auth v2.0.2
>
>Now something changes in my error log.
>
>Now I've I try to authenticate I got the following Error
in the syslog

>(msntauth): Server error when checking foo. //Which
Server Squid oder
>NT ??
>
>Where foo is the userid.
>
>Are the any requirements on the side of the NT Server
like SP 6a required or