[squid-users] Restricting Access

From: John Szkudlapski <johns@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:41:18 GMT

Hi

Just wondering if the following is possible

We have over 400 Windows NT 4 workstations accessing our squid box /boxes

I would like to restrict a particular range of ip addresses, so that they may
only access internal sites (i.e 192.168.x.x) and not be allowed onto the
internet?

example

block users

192.168.4.100 to 192.168.4.150

from accessing anything external (i.e anything externally), but still be able
to access our internal site's (i.e Internal version ov web site, Intranet,
Student Mail, which is on 192.168.x.x)

Rather than going to each workstation and just removing the DNS entry in the
Network Section, as when the exam is over, the next class will need to use the
internet...

Regards

John Szkudlapski
Web Manager
Birkenhead 6th Form
College

This message was sent using BSFC WebMail.
Although this e-mail has come from BSFC, it
is the views of the sender, and may not be the
views of the College
http://www.birkenhead6th.mernet.org.uk/