[squid-users] poor persistent connection utilization when a parent is set up

From: Jiri Bohac <bohaj9am@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:26:36 +0200 (CEST)

hello,

I am running 2.3.STABLE4. When no parents are set up, and I look at
persistent connection histograms in cachemgr.cgi I see that persistent
connections are being used.

I want to set up a parent of my ISP for all requests, because I am on a
very slow line and I think I could profit much more from persistent
connections...

but when I set up as follows
        cache_peer proxy.casablanca.cz parent 3128 0 no-digest no-query
        prefer_direct off
I get no persistent connections at all!

my ISP is running Squid/2.3.STABLE1

can the problem be on my side? What should I try manually to check if my
ISP's cache works well with pconns?

thanks for any suggestion

Jiri