[squid-users] Newbie Questions?

From: jamie <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:33:48 -0700

Hey gang,
I have some pretty newbie questions. I have read most of the FAQ and Doc.
But I am still unsure of a few basic things with squid.

1) I want to cache large files like quicktime movies and OS updates. Do I
need to adjust the Average object size?

2) I know that squid knocks things out of the cache when the disk gets full
and you can set like a time to live for objects. But how does squid know
when a webpage has been updated? Or would squid display the page in the
cache until it expires in the TTL of the cache even though their is a new
one online?

Thanks!
Jamie