[squid-users] huge access.log

From: n6tadam <n6tadam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:33:25 +0100

Dear List,

We have two proxy servers. On one proxy server, the logfiles are being
rotated and compressed by squid, on a daily basis. I am assuming that squid
is doing this, since no external logfile program such as RedHat's
"logrotate" is installed.

But, on the second proxy server, the logfiles are not being rotated, and
currently the logfile is reaching 19MB and rising.

I have checked all crontab entries, and nothing on both servers points to
log rotation. So why are the logs being rotated on one server and not the
other???

Forcing the command "squid -k rotate" does not help.

Has any one got any ideas??

Kind Regards,

Thomas Adam

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       office@purbeck.dorset.sch.uk

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk