RE: [squid-users] RE: NTLM problems

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:34:15 +0200

> Tried that one too (took last patch from sourceforge)
> It works OK, untill following happens in cache.log:
>
> NetBios error code 3 (RFCNBE_BadRead: Read system call
> returned an error.
> Check errno.)

This is actually not that rare. It means that the domain controller
shut the socket down on us.

> 2001/06/11 16:06:13| authenticateNTLMDirection: called before NTLM
> Authenticate!. Report a bug to squid-dev.

This is unheard of (by me)

> This is when it asks user to enter login/password/domain (falls back
> to basic authentication).

If the domain is asked for, it's NTLM anyways. It's just not using the
default
creadentials anymore.

> The problem is following error happens rather very often (at least
> once per 100 hits, sometimes even less).

Strange... Rob?

> Also, in 'bin' directory when telling squid to die, I get core file
> from msnt_auth processes.

That is to be expected, since those don't chdir() and upon squid death they
get a SIGPIPE.

--
	/kinkie