Re: [squid-users] Preventing disk access while idle

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:06:12 +0200

You have to stop Squid, or change the code to now sweep the cache
directories looking for "lost" objects (the storeDirClean periodic
event).

The LRU cleaning should stop after a short while of request inactivity,
but the garbage collector runs all the time at a very low speed.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker