[squid-users] NCSA through multiple proxies

From: <laurence@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:40:54 +0100

I'm trying to implement a Web filtering system, using Squid (w/ ncsa_auth),
Junkbuster and DansGuardian. At the moment it's still in the testing phase,
i haven't even got DansGuardian working yet! But here's my problem:

Browser-> Junkbuster-> Squid-> Internet

When i set up the system in the following way, i'm not asked for a
username/password when i run my browser, and i can browse freely! Surely
if the user/passwd aren't passed to Squid it shouldn't work.... On top of
all of this, eventually the system will look like:

Browser-> Junkbuster-> DansGuardian-> Squid-> Internet

Does anyone know if DansGuardian will throw another spanner in the works?

Laurence J Praties
Systems Administrator
Gazelle Informatics Ltd
tel: 0871 871 0222